PDWP Approves Various Development Schemes
Lahore: The Punjab Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) has approved eight development schemes of various sectors at an estimated cost of Rs. 26,006.72 million.
These projects were recognized in the 39th meeting of the Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) for the current fiscal year 2020-21, which was presided over by the Chairman of the Planning and Development Board Abdullah Khan Sumbal.
The following are the approved development projects:
- Rehabilitation / Widening & Improvement of Shahpur Bhera Malikwal Road (length 76.50 KM) in District Sargodha (2nd revised) at the cost of Rs. 1,693.187 million.
- Construction of Bypass from Royal Hotel (N-5) to Sarwar Chowk via Adda Mai Wali Masjid, Length 13.70 km, Sahiwal (Revised) at the cost of Rs. 1,311.509 million.
- Punjab Agriculture food and Drug Authority (1st Revised) at the cost of Rs. 6,322.43 million.
- Technical Assistance for Naya Pakistan Housing Program (NPHP) through Formulation of Rapid Housing Market Assessment (PC-II) at the cost of Rs.11.950 million.
- Rehabilitation of Road from Narowal to Muridke interchange at M-2 (Length 75.21 KM) at the cost of Rs. 6,558.788 million.
- Construction / Rehabilitation Tourism highway from Lower Topa Murree to Chowk Pandori via Kotli Sattian (Length 123.62 KM) at the cost of Rs. 4,039.788 million.
- Rehabilitation / Improvement of mettalled roadfrom Dera Ismail Khan to Darya Khan (Length 15.00 KM) at the cost of Rs. 745.879 million.
- Genetic Improvement of Non-Descript Cattle in Punjabat the cost of Rs. 5,323.189 million proposed for inclusion in PSDP.
Members of the Planning and Development Board, Provincial Secretaries of concerned ministries, the Senior Chief Coordinator, and other senior leaders from the relevant Provincial Departments were also present.