CDA, FWO Officials Visit Low-Cost Housing Project Site In Alipur Farash
Islamabad: The top brass of Capital Development Authority (CDA) and Frontier Works Organization (FWO) visited the construction site of the low-cost housing project underway in Alipur Farash, news sources reported.
The said low-cost housing project is a joint venture between the Naya Pakistan Housing & Development Authority (NPHDA) and CDA, which aims to build 2,400 apartments in the federal capital city. According to the plan, 400 of these units would be allocated to Katchi Abadi inhabitants, while the remaining would be offered to the general public.
As per the briefing, building work is now being carried out with 1,000 personnel, with the number expected to grow to 3,000 to 4,000 in the following months to enhance the project’s pace and completion of the project in stipulated time. Furthermore, the following updates were shared from the site:
- A total of 26 blocks have been excavated
- The raft has been built in two sections
- For 16 blocks, a steel cage for columns has been created
- Lean has been implemented in 21 blocks
- More than 60% of the site’s soil preparation for road development has been completed
- An on-site quality testing laboratory to save time and monitor building quality has been established